Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meet Our New Innkeeper from Ireland


Meet Michael and Nuala our newest innkeepers. Their B&B is located in Curraghlea, Letterkenny, Co Donegal. Ireland. Before opening their B&B in Ireland they ran a B&B in America 14 years. It was called The Shamrock House. After returning to Ireland they named their B&B the Pennsylvania House B&B.

Hi Nuala and welcome to IBBP.com. So after all of your experience in innkeeping can you tell me why you chose to run a bed and breakfast?

I enjoy meeting interesting people and what better way than with a B&B.

What is the one thing you enjoy most about living in your bed & breakfast in Curraghlea?

It's my own design and decor and I enjoy the spacious rooms. I also love the majestic panoramic views of the countryside, the privacy, and peacefullness.

I know a lot of people dream about owning a b&b. What would you say is your favorite thing about being an innkeeper?

I think my favorite would be being my own boss and sharing my home comforts with the people who enjoy the added extras that my home has to offer and making our guests feel at home.

Have you had an interesting experience with guests sharing your home?

We had two couples from Canada who had never met each other before. While they were having breakfast together and during the course of discussion one of the guests was doing family research discovered that they and the other guest were related. What a small world we live in!

What is the most memorable experience to date?

We were asked to make our B&B totally available to an English family who's daughter was marrying an Irish man. It was always the bride's dream to get married in Ireland so I agreed. What excitement I had in preparing for a bride. It was an early spring wedding, so I gathered wild flowers to make the front door entrance and all around the house nice for the bridal pictures and decorated a garden bench for the bridal groupe to take advantage of the panoramic views. This was my best experience to date.

Do you have any advise for someone looking to start a B&B?

My advice to anyone who was thinking of running a B&B is to make sure you enjoy meeting new people and are willing to share your home and time with total strangers many of which become good friends and return time and time again its very rewarding.

Do you have a spot that you think anyone visiting Donegal should see while staying with you?

If they like castles and gardens, one of Donegal's most mentioned and visited places is Glenveagh National Park which is only 10 miles away from our B&B. I also recommend a drive around Inishowen route 100 for breathtaking scenery.

If you would like to learn more about the Pennsylvania House or check on a reservation, you can contact them at:

Pennsylvania House
Curraghlea, Letterkenny, Co Donegal. Ireland.
WEBSITE: www.accommodationdonegal. com
PHONE / RESERVATIONS:
074 9126808, Int Code: +00353 74
FAX: 074 9128905


No comments: