Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Travels in Venice

I am back from a Summer of travels and have much to blog about. I spent the summer touring Italy and Montana. Both of these destinations offer travelers beautiful country, friendly locals, and culture all of its own. I started in Italy, so that is where I will start this blog.


Day 1 - Venice




I started my trip, with my family along for the ride, in Venice, Italy. We flew into the Venice airport, collected our luggage, and took a water taxi to Lido, Italy. I chose Lido because it has easy access to Venice and offers more of a relaxed seaside setting for the family to come back to after a day of touring in Venice. For accommodations, our guide offers two Lido bed and breakfasts, Casa Mari Bed & Breakfast and Oasis Bed and Breakfast.

Once situated, we purchased tickets on the waterbus and in 10 minutes we were in St. Marks Square. We took a guided tour through the Doges' Palace and then spent the remainder of our time wandering through canals, stopping at vendors for a cup of fruit or a slice of pizza. For travelers who want to be on the island of Venice, we also offer three bed and breakfasts Sandra Bed and Breakfast, BBvenezia, and Al Campaniel Guest House. All of these B&Bs are in locations perfect for experiencing Venice's waterways.

After a day of touring Venice, we came back to Lido had a leisurely dinner, walked to the end of our street and took a stroll on the beach leading to the Adriatic Sea.



No comments: